Monday, April 6, 2009

Announcing a New Blog: "LDS 101: The Latter-Day Saint / 'Mormon' Faith"


I was touched in my heart by the very direct remarks made by Elder L. Tom Perry in the Sunday afternoon session of General Conference on April 5th, regarding our need to open our mouths and inform people about the Gospel. Consequently, I have opened a blog describing the basic beliefs and practices of the Church for non-members: "LDS 101: The Latter-Day Saint / 'Mormon' Faith." I invite you to visit that blog, and to send a link to that blog to your non-LDS family members, friends, and acquaintances as a way to help inform people about the Gospel.

Why did I do this? Because spreading the Gospel is important.

Why did I do this? Because I believe a blog like this can be an effective way to share the Gospel in a low-pressure way.

Why did I do this? Because I think I have some small ability in the blogging department. In addition: I thought I could do some good by following Elder Perry's counsel regarding the first three topics to discuss when we open our mouths about the Gospel: the Savior and his Atonement; the First Vision of Joseph Smith; and, the Book of Mormon. Also, I thought there was some value to my personal perspective.
Didn't I think some else could/should do this? Of course I do. Let a thousand flowers bloom.
Your comments and suggestions would be much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remember the rules, please: no profanity, and no personal attacks, especially on those who have made Comments.